Day 99: Empathy  

Posted by Sarah in , , ,

Today's Task: 3/4

"Teach yourself empathy and learn about the suffering of someone you've never met. Try to put yourself in their shoes for one day."


I like this task. Though I modified it a bit from the book (anyone who has the book will know why), I still think you can learn a valuable lesson in empathy without having to turn it into a religious experiment.


I have been worrying about the homeless a lot this past week. Mainly because it's so cold outside and I know they don't have a heater to go home and complain about being "too high" like I do. It's incredibly humbling when I stop and think about it. Though I have done several things in my past to try and help clothe or feed the homeless in San Antonio, I've never done anything up here in NYC for them.


Today, I will actually reach out and do something... Bring me your 'cold and huddled masses' and I will give them food and a blanket. :)

This entry was posted on Wednesday, March 4, 2009 at Wednesday, March 04, 2009 and is filed under , , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment