Day 98: Swear Jar  

Posted by Sarah in , , , ,

Today's Task: 3/3

"Start a Swear Jar."


For any of you who don't know, a "Swear Jar" is a collection of money you've paid for each time you say a word you are trying not to say. For example, if you are trying to stop cussing, you would have a set amout (say a quarter each time) and add that money to the jar each time you cuss. The idea is to break you of a habit and then reward yourself when the jar is full. Another variation is the Forget-it Jar (helpful for getting over an ex), the Sin Tin (keeps you on your religious track) and the English Urn (ridding yourself of horrid grammar once and for all). Okay, maybe I made that last one up.

So, whatever it is you are trying to rid yourself of, try it out. I have a coffee mug on my desk which I add money to when I catch myself biting my nails. Once it's full, I'm getting a manicure. :)

This entry was posted on Tuesday, March 3, 2009 at Tuesday, March 03, 2009 and is filed under , , , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

2 comments

For some reason, I think this idea wouldn't break my habit. eg: I'd bit my nails more and more so I could get that manicure soon! lol

March 3, 2009 at 12:33 PM

That's true. Maybe it would work better if you gave the money to someone you disliked. Like I could donate it to a campaign fund or "church" I hated... XD

March 3, 2009 at 1:22 PM

Post a Comment