Day 100: Counterfeiting  

Posted by Sarah in , , , ,

Today's Task: 3/5


"Make a counterfeit bill."

The book says to try and spend the bill just to see if anyone will take it, but since this is a crime punishable by 15 years in prison, I'll pass on that half of the task and recommend anyone here in the US do the same.

As far as MAKING one, just for curiousity and art's sake, don't try scanning it. most scanning and image editting programs are already set up to detect scanned money and stop you and, in same cases, report you. If you don't believe me, I tried scanning my $2 bill to photoshop it for a project about "precious items" and Photoshop gave me a huge warning and error.

I'm sure there are other ways to get around it and you could always use or write your own image editting software.

Or you could just get some green markers, blank printing paper and have fun with the kids playing 'Bank'. It's much more relaxing and 100% less illegal. :)

This entry was posted on Thursday, March 5, 2009 at Thursday, March 05, 2009 and is filed under , , , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment