Day 142: Senseless Day 3  

Posted by Sarah in , , , , ,

Today's Task: 4/16

"Go through the day without using your sense of taste."


A few creative ways to do this is to eat something really spicy in the morning to numb your tastes the rest of the day or you can suck on a piece of ice. Another though less safe way is to coat your tongue with (these are medicines and should not be used if you have low tolerence or allergies to these over-the-counter drugs) Ambesol or Vicks Throat Spray which are designed for strep throat or cold sores. They numb the skin and would effectively kill your taste buds for a while.


As for myself, I will attempt to eat food without flavor or spice today. There are plenty of bland, tasteless foods out there. I usually avoid them, but today I will give my stomach a break and avoid salts, sweets and spices. :)

This entry was posted on Thursday, April 16, 2009 at Thursday, April 16, 2009 and is filed under , , , , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

4 comments

No salt? I wouldnt want to be you today!

April 16, 2009 at 10:58 AM

It is so hard. :/ My breakfast was wheat toast, no butter and a bottle of water. For lunch, I had a turkey, tomato and lettuce wrap without any sauce and it was blah. But I did steal a french fry from my friend. TELL NO ONE!

April 16, 2009 at 1:25 PM

This sense seems rather pointless to ignore... I enjoyed the one when you tried not to use your sight - it seemed to enhance other senses and stuff...but taste? Losing your sense of taste would REALLY suck!

April 23, 2009 at 2:56 PM

A day without taste is a bland one indeed. Pun intended and all.

April 23, 2009 at 4:02 PM

Post a Comment