Day 133: Full Spectrum  

Posted by Sarah in , , , , ,

Today's Task: 4/7

"Invent or discover a new color today."


No doubt we all have a favorite color or color scheme we tend to stick with. Today's the day to break out of old habits and try something new. If you love blues, embrace reds. If you stick with pastels, go dark. If you enjoy dark, go neon. There's probably a whole wide world of colors you didn't even know looked awesome on you or your house. Here's a small list to get you started: http://math.ubbcluj.ro/~sberinde/wingraph/colors.gif


As for myself, I've been wearing nothing but black and "insert bright color here" lately. Maybe I'll pull out the muted blues and tans I usually reserve for the summertime and lounge it up tonight instead. Afterall, today is the first day of my Spring Break. :)


Side story:
I paint in acrylics and to save money I only buy 5 colors and mix them to make everything else I need. White - Black - Red - Blue - Yellow. I learned to be cheap from art class color wheels! There was one painting which I needed metallic sheen for and splurged on some brass and silver, but that was my one discretion (and it looks awesome) so maybe expanding my palette was worth it afterall.

This entry was posted on Tuesday, April 7, 2009 at Tuesday, April 07, 2009 and is filed under , , , , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

1 comments

So I thought I'd add that it's always good to find out what "season" you are in the color world. On certain people, certain color types look the best. I found out I was an Autumn and now I look better every day because the colors I wear make my skin look more healthy. I didn't wear some of these Autumn colors before because I didn't "like" them- now I love them. So this helps a lot!

April 7, 2009 at 11:13 AM

Post a Comment