Day 106: The Best of Intentions...  

Posted by Sarah in , , , ,

Today's Task: 3/11

"Try to end every sentence today with but my intentions are good."

The book provides many examples of sentences and scenarios which are quickly softened up and glossed over by the simple addition of this phrase:
- I parked on your toe...
- I may smell...
- I sung out of tune...
- You won't believe me...
- It's a crazy world out there...
- I'm a sinner...
- I kidnapped your cat...
- I think you are very attractive...
- I'm broke...

Try to think of your own and use this phrase at least once today. And so, to my readers I confess: I get sick a lot and keep failing to update this blog every day, but my intentions are good. And I mean it. :)

As a side note, I'm curious to know your opinions on the oft repeated adage:
"The road to hell is paved with good intentions."

Personally, I disagree. As much as "actions speak louder" they do not define the person nor the state of their soul. I think "good intentions" are more important that vicious ones. The court system seems to agree with me seeing as how premedidated crimes always carry heftier sentences than spontaneous crimes of passion and accidents. I think the road to "hell" is paved with cruel intentions, not innocent ones. Besides, should you really condemn your children for making a mess of the kitchen while trying to "help" mommy cook? I know I couldn't.

This entry was posted on Wednesday, March 11, 2009 at Wednesday, March 11, 2009 and is filed under , , , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment