Day 90: Currency  

Posted by Sarah in , , , ,

Today's Task: 2/23


"Help Collapse a Currency."


The Bangladeshi Taka is currently under pressure at 63tk to the USD. If every blogger buys 100 takas this year ($1.56 USD) and then sell them on December 31st at 4:55 pm Bangladeshi time, the taka won't be worth the paper it's printed on!


There were further details but I'm not posting them here. How horrendous! I find the idea an interesting one, but not one I'll be taking part in. Not that I particularly care about Bangladesh one way or another, but that I know there are hardworking people in any country who would be devastated by this exchange collapse. :/

This entry was posted on Monday, February 23, 2009 at Monday, February 23, 2009 and is filed under , , , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

3 comments

I agree with your sentiment! :)

February 23, 2009 at 5:19 PM

I appreciate the sensitivity, especially after you have marked most countries in Asia as the one's you will never visit!

February 24, 2009 at 4:23 AM

@Wd: awww... I wasn't trying to offend so much as be honest. I'll probably never get around to visting those places. Since I won't be travelling alone anymore, it's not so much places I'd see if I were single, but places I'll take my family on Summer vacation.

I always have Discovery channel though, for all the places they won't let me drag them. :)

February 24, 2009 at 8:48 AM

Post a Comment