Day 80: Wickerman  

Posted by Sarah in , , ,

Today's Task: 2/13

"Begin eating a piece of furniture."



This task is sufficiently creepy for a Friday the 13th! According to the direction in the book, all you need is a nail file, a piece of unfinished wooden furniture and about eighty years worth of patience. File off a small amount of sawdust and sprinkle it on top of your food. Try this every day for the next eighty years or until the entire piece is digested.


YUM!


I don't know if I'm willing to try this one. Though I'm sure the pencils I've gnawed since childhood all add up to at least an ottoman's worth of lumber, I don't think I can knowingly devour wood chips. Anyone willing to do this one? Let me know how it goes. :)

This entry was posted on Friday, February 13, 2009 at Friday, February 13, 2009 and is filed under , , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

3 comments

Anonymous  

Now that IS insane!
Although, I can imagine the triumph of finally, 80 years down the line, swallowing down the last mouth of dust and being able to say "I ate a bookcase". What an achievement!

February 13, 2009 at 7:38 PM

But what is the point of this activity?

What is it trying to teach us?

February 17, 2009 at 6:17 AM

The point, for me, was that you can achieve even seemingly impossible tasks if you are persistant.

February 17, 2009 at 9:35 AM

Post a Comment