Day 78: PC Police  

Posted by Sarah in , , , ,

Today's Task: 2/11

"Find out how politically correct your circle of friends is."


Well, since I'm not one to advocate any sort of reverse-racism or affirmative action in a personal relationship, I don't find the author's suggestion that we "remedy" any lacking ethnic group to be a realistic one. Especially since I have all of 3 maybe 5 people whom I consider close friends and they are hispanic and european simply because I was raised in San Antonio, Texas. And given the anonymity of the internet, there are people I speak with on a daily basis and have no idea of their race. So to assume I'm purposely excluding a certain race and not taking into account where I live or my work and school schedules, it's an unfair assesment for me or anyone else.

Make friends because you like them. Not because some political guilt group bullied you into faking it.

This entry was posted on Wednesday, February 11, 2009 at Wednesday, February 11, 2009 and is filed under , , , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

2 comments

I like your take on this. Too often people are so judgmental about who they choose as friends- when I honestly believe there is goodness in anyone and anyone could become a great friend if given the chance.

February 11, 2009 at 12:19 PM

i know of people for whom religion, ethnicity, caste and so forth is a criteria while making friends.

As far as friends are concerned the only criteria for me is the matching of our thoughts.

I liked ur stand too!

February 12, 2009 at 12:19 AM

Post a Comment