Day 58 - The Family Trade  

Posted by Sarah in , , ,

Today's Task: 1/22

"Decide which skills you're going to pass down to future generations."


Reading and writing are very important to me, so, it will be central in my home. I'd like to think that no matter my child's interests, they will always have a genre of books and a writing style to call their own. And they will always know that whether they choose Tolstoy or Dini I will love them the same. And if they choose to write political dossiers over fiction, they will still be my child.


What about you guys? Is there something dear to you or your family which you would like to pass on? Don't forget that even if you don't have children of your own, you can always influence the other children around you. If you treat them like family, they are family.

This entry was posted on Thursday, January 22, 2009 at Thursday, January 22, 2009 and is filed under , , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

7 comments

Thanks for visiing my site. I'm on my way to work, but I LOVE this site-these ideas. I will be back to read more and comment. I'm inspired. I love trying new things and meeting new people!

January 22, 2009 at 10:05 AM
Anonymous  

Aw I love this and I agree.

For me it's definitely also the same. Literature is vital to me so it's a must.
I would also teach them super secret recipes I got from my mother which she got from her mother and so on.
There are a million things I would want to show and teach them, but books, cooking and art are the three top ones I guess.

The last line was gold, by the way.

January 22, 2009 at 10:11 AM

@dieAn:

To be perfectly honest, all I could think of when writing that last line was the recent cell commercial in which an overly Itlaian man is explaining the levels of his Family and askingif he can call them all.

"This is my cousin Bobby, he's more like a brother. And my brother Tony, well, he's more like a cousin. My uncle Mike, he's not realy my uncle, but he doesn't owe me any money so he's good. Can I call them?"

January 22, 2009 at 11:48 AM

Yeah- I just saw that commercial yesterday- LOL. I'd say that if I were to pass something down to my children I hope it's my love for music. I would love them to love to read as much as I do as well. Both of these things just give such a great feeling of satisfaction, I hope they can experience that in their lives as much as I have.

January 22, 2009 at 2:55 PM

I have passed on my love of music to my children, who are now grown.

My oldest is in a band touring the country, was in Rolling Stone Magazine! (The Black Fortys) google 'em!

I'm a singer and come from a LONG line of singer/musicians.

January 22, 2009 at 11:38 PM

You are such a wonderful parent. You are very considerate and accepting.

If I could pass down something to my future children I would love to pass to them the importance of embracing their passion, fulfilling and doing on what they see theirselves in the future.

January 23, 2009 at 4:13 AM

If there was something I would love to pass down to my children is wisdom.

and yes art and craft.

January 28, 2009 at 12:29 AM

Post a Comment