Day 42 - Toe the Lawn  

Posted by Sarah in , , ,

Today's Task: 1/6

"Walk barefoot on grass today."

Yes, I know it's January and I'm not the only one who lives in an environment where the grass is currently buried under ice and snow. And so, I give you this alternative. Yes, grass-lined shoes. Topped in awesomeness only by Steve Urkel's Lawn Chair, you too can enjoy the soft, tickly feel of fresh green between your toes.

Personally, I'm just going to wear flip flops tonight when I go clover hunting for our pet snail. Maybe I'll catch a stray blade determined to push it's way through the frost. :) If not, I promise I'll make up for this task come Spring. I've been wanting to walk on that new lawn at Brooklyn College for months now.

As a side note: Aren't baby feet the cutest thing on this planet next to puppy smiles? I'm pretty sure even toe-phobes would find themselves compelled to tickle such chubby little stubs.

This entry was posted on Tuesday, January 6, 2009 at Tuesday, January 06, 2009 and is filed under , , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

2 comments

We're lucky enough to have a few trees in the neighborhood big enough to block out the snow around it's trunk.

... I'm not sure I could bring myself to taking my shoes off outside though.

Great blog, by the by :D

P.S. My word verification is: letrub... and now I want a foot rub.

January 7, 2009 at 4:30 AM

http://picturespoetryprose.blogspot.com/2009/01/discovery.html
Too fun that we both have baby toes. They are one of the best things in the world. :)

January 7, 2009 at 11:00 PM

Post a Comment