Day 6 - Novel Idea  

Posted by Sarah in , , ,

Today's Task: 12/1


"Write the opening line for your debut novel."




I loved this task because I have three ideas floating around at the moment.


1. A fantasy novel based on a recurring dream I've had for years. It will open with the line: "I awoke to the taste of sand and blood."


2. A satire/dark comedy exploring the history of religion and faith. I have not decided how to open this book, but I know how it will end.


3. A short piece of teen fiction expanded from an old creative writing assignment. I intend to keep the opener: "My life began the day I died."

This entry was posted on Monday, December 1, 2008 at Monday, December 01, 2008 and is filed under , , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment