Task 1F - Hunger  

Posted by Sarah in , , ,

Yes yes... I missed out on yesterday. But to defend myself, I had the flu and still have the flu and will continue to have the flu because it's mother nature's gift to me every year around my birthday. But that brings me to Today's Task:


"Go on a one-minute hunger strike."



I hate to admit it, but I picked this one because it's very easy to do when your appetite is destroyed by bouts of sneezing and coughing. It made me wonder though, while I was searching for an image other than skeletal ethiopians being eyed by vultures, what would I ever REALLY go on a hunger strike for.

How about you? Is there any cause or person or event you'd starve yourself for to prove a point? I could assume all anorexics are political activists quietly telling the world to stop judging them by their body image or I could just be overly optomistic.

In reality, when was the last time someone swayed your opinion by refusing to eat? It didn't work as a kid and it doesn't work as adults either. I don't think submitting myself to slow, painful suicide would really teach anyone a "lesson" whether it was anti-fur, anti-abortion or freeing Tibet. None of those things can be affected by my death.

None.

This entry was posted on Wednesday, November 19, 2008 at Wednesday, November 19, 2008 and is filed under , , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

2 comments

What a terrible picture

November 22, 2008 at 2:20 AM

Whats wrong with the picture? I find all knots fasinating but then again I was a freak boyscout. And to bad Ghandi didnt learn that lesson until someone shot him for his efforts.
And since when did a noose get such a bad rap? I had one in my locker for 4 years of my high school. I was just proud I could do it so perfectly.

November 25, 2008 at 10:18 PM

Post a Comment