Day 38 - Church  

Posted by Sarah in , , ,

Today's Task: 1/2

"Spend some time in a church today."




Well, since I have to work today (I know, bummer!) I cannot complete this one physically. However, if we get creative, I can spend some virtual time in a church. You can too! Just Google "beautiful church" or "beautiful temple" and look at some of the intricate works of art and architecture so many faithful people have put into their religion. For example, this place in Vietnam. Gorgeous pillars! Or Ta Promh the thousand year old temple, now taken over by trees. O_o


Another suggestion Benrick had was to think up some questions you'd ask "God" should you meet them. He suggested avoiding the generric questions about the afterlife or universal knowledge and to go for something more exciting like whether or not Adam and Eve had belly buttons.


Personally, I just want to know how they like their coffee. :*


*endnote*
As an English major, I know I'm supposed to use "he" or "she" instead of the word "them" but seeing as how there is no definitive sexual association that fits all religious interpretations of God, I kept it general. If you don't like it, go whine on your own blog. :*

This entry was posted on Friday, January 2, 2009 at Friday, January 02, 2009 and is filed under , , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

3 comments

Or be creative with the definition of "church." A favorite poem. Inspirational music. Beloved book.

Or a good cup o'joe. Yeah. That works for me.

Loved your post on the One-Minute Writer today, btw.

January 2, 2009 at 11:16 AM

:) thanks! She wakes up the writer in me every morning with that blog.

As for the redefinition of "church", I agree. I think the point of today's task was to get you closer to a spiritual side of yourself through personal reflection. Whether you find your miracles in a cup of coffee or your dog's smile is all up to you. ^o^

January 2, 2009 at 1:04 PM

Hi, I have this template, and needed change de backgroudn my links is http://tuafterparty.blogspot.com

January 3, 2009 at 4:30 PM

Post a Comment